Friday, July 9, 2010

Toyota 1JZ and 2JZ


When a customer looking for me for Toyota 1JZ engine head set gasket, I manage to get him one, after he get the gasket, and compare with the cylinder head gasket that already dismantle from the engine he notice that the thickness is diffrence, my once is only about 0.4mm where the sample show about 1.35mm.

After that there are quite some customer call up looking for the thicker 1JZ cylinder head gasket, and we found that there are people selling this type of gasket in cometic brand or others with quite a high pricing tag.

Since than I quite confuse why the 1JZ engine need that thickness of gasket, only than I mange to get the 2JZ-GTE Turbo cylinder head gasket from "KP", it is quite suprise that I found this gasket thickness is 1.35mm and the design of the gasket is similar with 1JZ engine.

I wonder if the 1JZ and 2JZ cylinder head gasket are actually the same gasket and only the thickness diffrence which made they put in 2 diferent part number.

No comments: